Salmon with Lemon, Capers, and Rosemary (altered from Giadia De Laurentiis – Everyday Italian)
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 8 lemon slices (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine or white wine (we used white wine)
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 4 pieces of aluminum foil
Place each piece of seasoned salmon on a piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal.
Mix together olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced rosemary
Brush top and bottom of salmon fillets with olive oil mixture.
Top the each piece of salmon with 2 lemon slices, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of wine, and 1 teaspoon of capers.
Wrap up salmon tightly in the foil packets.
Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Check and make sure salmon is cooked all the way through (our filets were bigger and took twice as long to cook)
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Place the foil packets on the hot grill and cook for 10 minutes for a 1-inch thick piece of salmon. Serve in the foil packets.