I know, I know. I’ve been a bad blogger. I’ve left you stranded in the cold for weeks now. My apologies!
To my defense — life just happened. How’s that for a blanket, general excuse? Lately I’ve been falling out of love with documenting my every move and wanted to step back and really enjoy things. I needed to spend more time concentrating at work. I wanted to spend more time completely “in the moment” at home. Let’s just say — I needed to step back for a bit. And, my dears, I’m happy that I did.
Here are a few things you missed out on:
- I celebrated my 25th birthday. Even though Alex was deployed on the actual day, he went above and beyond to make my day special. We’re talking flowers getting delivered to work and hiding cards around the house for me to find while he was gone. We had a big celebration before he left town, so I was thoroughly loved on. Don’t you worry. Plus, my mom and friends stepped up to the plate and surrounded me with happiness on my big day.
- Two days after my birthday, I hurt my back during an early morning Body Pump class — doing squats… on the very first track post warm up. I ended up at the doctors — who sent me to the hospital. Boo. I had to take a couple days off work, but thankfully, I’m feeling a million times better now. A big, biiiig thanks to my mom who helped me get up and down for days.
- We had a random springtime snow storm.
- Then we skipped over spring and jumped head-first into summer. Weird.
- Alex came home safe and sound from his short trip/deployment (YAYYY!)
- He immediately jumped into a pretty hefty woodworking project (more on that later)
- We’re currently planning an upcoming vacation and are counting down the days! Anyone have any recommendations for Charleston, SC? We absolutely love the down-home southern feel that we experience on our Nashville vacation last year (part one and part two). We’re so excited to get back down south. Not only will we be exploring one of the tastiest southern cities, but we’ll seeing a concert, celebrating our anniversary, AND seeing one of my absolute best friends, Liz, and her manly man.
- We met a new puppy! No, we didn’t take him home though (more on this adventure later too)
Want to see some pictures?
Good. Me too.
I have so much more to show you, but when I started to gather all my pictures for this post — I quickly surpassed thirty. Aaaaand… that’s too many for one little post. I’ll be back shortly with more from our latest adventures (including puppy pictures (and I’m talking a 7-week old golden!), doggy play dates, and that big project Alex completed).
Here’s a hint of what the project is…
See you soon! Have a great night 🙂