I know, I know – you just heard from me this afternoon and then here I am.. all up in your computer space. What’s with that? You’re used to seeing me only, what? like once a week?
Blowing that record right outta the water.
I made the following recipe for dinner tonight and I just couldn’t wait to share it with you! Oh man. This dinner breakfast thing was absolutely to die for. It’s sweet. It’s spicy. It’s filling. It’s healthy (mostly).
MAN. Words really cannot convey how awesome this dish is. It’s anything but complicated and so, so delectable.
Just do me a favor and make this as soon as you get a free fifteen minutes.
Cowboy Breakfast Skillet
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 3-4 diced sweet potatoes
- 5 eggs
- 1 avocado, diced
- hot sauce
- Brown and crumble the sausage on medium heat.
- Remove sausage from pan with slotted spoon. Try to keep as much of the sausage grease in the pan.
- Add diced sweet potatoes into the pan with sausage grease and cook until browned and crispy. (about 5 minutes)
- Return sausage to pan and cook together for another few minutes.
- If you have a cast iron skillet, keep the mixture in your skillet. If not, transfer into an oven safe dish. Create five wells in the potato/sausage mixture.
- Crack one egg into each well.
- Bake at 400 for five minutes. After the eggs have started to set, change the oven to BROIL.
- Watch the eggs carefully until the desired doneness. (about 2-4 additional minutes depending on whether you like your eggs runny)
- Removed from oven and add avocados, cilantro and hot sauce to the top. Serve and enjoy!
(recipe originally found here)
I typically don’t even care for hot sauce, but it’s absolutely perfect on this recipe. Please make this. It won’t disappoint!