Anyone sad that summer is starting to come to an end? I’m sure if you’re a teacher, you’re probably devastated – but anyone else? Or are you like me and looking forward to all things fall? Chilly weather, sweatshirts, chili, football, boots, pumpkins…
I will tell ya that since I leave the house by 6 am each morning, I have really started to notice the days getting shorter already. Now if you’re not up at the crack of dawn with me, you’d probably never notice this little change each day. Just a couple weeks ago it was already light outside when I woke up; now I need to leave the house with my headlights on. That’s probably the only thing I’m not ecstatic about – all those days in the dead of winter when it’s dark when you leave in the morning and dark when you come home.
Maybe I should appreciate summer more.
Did you see how many tomatoes I got yesterday evening?
Seriously, over a hundred. I probably had 50 cherry tomatoes alone! I sent a boatload home with my mom and brought a big bag to work. Tonight I think I’m going to dabble with making homemade tomato sauce and bruschetta (thanks for all the great suggestions!). We love salsa at our house and currently have a giant vat in the fridge. Plus, I wanna try something new! Although.. maybe I will make more salsa and just freeze it.. Hmm so many decisions!
I have a yummy easy peasy recipe for you, but first can I just tell you that:
- I took a new cardio class yesterday and I have never been this sore before. Ever. Ever.ever.ever. I knew it was going to be bad today when I woke up in the middle of the night, moved my legs and immediately made the stink face. OWWWCH.Just squeezing my butt hurts. (you were dying to know, I know.)
- I think you’re pretty.
- Sometimes I still wake up in our newly painted bedroom and wonder where I am.
- I think we should be real life friends. Not just we stalk each other online friends. Grown up friends.
Recipe time! (Don’t you just love how I switched gears like that? I was going right and then BOOM jerked it left. I need more coffee)
This little dessert takes no time at all to prepare and comes out super fancy. We made them one night last week and subsequently made them three nights in a row after that. Absolutely delicious and surprisingly good for you! Each peach coming in at about 100 calories. If you’re still at home, I wouldn’t judge you if you made them for breakfast (and.then.lunch.and.then.dinner). If you, like me, are at work – go ahead and make them when you get home. You won’t regret it.
- Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350. Wash the peaches and cut them in half. Gently remove the pit. Line peaches on an oven safe dish, cut side facing up.
- Take a small amount of butter (I’m telling you – a little slice about the size of a teaspoon is all you need) and place in the middle of each peach (where the pit used to reside).
- Sprinkle the top of each pit with a little pile of brown sugar (about as much as a tablespoon). Lightly dust with cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Don’t forget to serve those bad boys with either whipped cream or a single scoop of vanilla ice cream. You’ll finally understand what heaven tastes like. No joke.
For the two of us, the first night we made one peach per person so we each got two peach halves. Would you judge me if I told you the second night we made three peaches, so we both could have three peach halves? I hope not.
What are you making with your fresh summer produce?