Dearest blog readers,
The last time I posted was on the second day of the month, now on the second to last day I decided it was about time to make an update. Over the last year and half, I have posted a couple times a week. Now – here I am with a whopping two posts this month. I apologize for my lack of blogging this month. I’ve been busy living. I have been oh, so busy this month and I have so much to catch you up on. We’re going to list ‘em out now folks. We’’ll get more detail goin’ on later
Without further ado, my August in fifteen (in no particular order).
- Bailey has been getting huge! He’s almost tripled in size and absolutely adores his older brother.
- I finally selected the 60 wedding pictures that we want to be in our wedding album. Once we get the proof of our book back, we’ll have a hard copy of all of our pictures. I can’t wait to go crazy and fill the entire house with wedding pictures.
- If you didn’t know, I work with investments. Specifically, I mainly deal with written correspondence with individual investors. If you’ve been watching the stock market lately, you can imagine that things have been absolutely nuts for me this month. For the first two weeks of the month I worked overtime almost every day. I came home exhausted and felt like passing out as soon as I walked in the door.
- Not only have I been working hard for my day to day activities, I also applied for a promotion. Half-way through the month, I got my promotion The second half of the month has been spent learning my new role. I’m constantly challenged through the day and enjoy my new responsibilities. Plus, who doesn’t like being called “Boss Lady?” I no longer have any time to blog at work. I haven’t read more than two blogs this month and haven’t even signed into my own. Soon I’ll be able to find the new balance between work, life, and blogging. Bear with me through this process.
- Alex and I took a four day trip to Utah. We stayed with my in-laws for the weekend and had a fantastic time. Part of the weekend was spent at our friends’ wedding. Brandi and Brian tied the knot at an outside ceremony on Saturday afternoon. We loved being included in their big day!
- While we were there Alex’s parents threw a Sunday afternoon barbeque for us. It was so, so nice getting to know all of the family friends from Utah that weren’t able to make it to the wedding – and catching up with ones that could come! We had a blast laughing on the patio drinking margaritas as the sun went down. I returned home with only 21 mosquito bites from the evening, go me!
- We experienced an earthquake.Yeah, I’m not sure what else I can say about that. It felt like two big shakes that lasted about 45 seconds each. I was at work on the top floor of our building. We all evacuated and of course, survived with no damage done. It was more than weird though!!
- A few days later, we had a hurricane blow through Maryland. Like most of the east coast, we had a ginormous storm hang around all evening long bringing 100+ year old trees to the ground instantaneously. We lost power for 36 hours along with 700,000 other Marylanders. Thank goodness my mom lives close by and let us enjoy the amenities of her house o’ power!
- I’ve read some good books. Lately, I read A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron and The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Now, the pages of Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen is gracing my Kindle. I’ve been picking my recent reads by looking over the NY Times Bestseller list. I figured that they’re bestsellers for a reason and hey, it hasn’t failed me yet.
- I made an absolute BANGIN’ homemade pizza. It was a wonderful whole wheat crust, pesto, fresh mozzarella, and marinated chicken pizza. I can’t wait to share the recipe with you. I just need to make it again to snap some photos!
- Alex, my mom, and I also spent a weekend at my family’s house in West Virginia. We enjoyed relaxing, hiking, and yummy food.
- We had a plumbing leak and lost access to our master bathroom. After the pipe was fixed, it took us weeks to get a drywall guy to come fix our holey walls. You’re not going to believe what happens next… when he finally came to fix our walls, he ended up DRILLING A NEW HOLE IN ANOTHER PIPE. So we had to start all over again with the plumber. Ugh.
- The man and I have been waking up before work over the last few weeks and completed an hour long Insanity workout each day. It’s been invigorating getting my workout done so early in the morning. Instead of dragging my butt to work in the morning, I’m now wide awake when I get there. I’m diggin’ it.
- I went to the dentist and had my best check-up yet. Two years ago Alex and I bought a Sonicare toothbrush. I am in no way getting compensated by Sonicare to say this, but it has made all of the difference with my oral care. My teeth are healthier and whiter (bonus) than ever. Now I don’t get nervous to go to the dentist – I actually look forward to it. It’s not a cheap investment, but it’s worth every cent. You’ll save so much in the long run on your dental bill!
- Every night we’ve taken the pups on a nice long walk. We’ve met more neighbors and enjoyed so many doggie play dates. Throughout each walk, Alex and I have laughed and dreamed about our future. Then we curl up on the couch – he watches a little Discovery channel while I get lost in my book. Our nights have just been absolutely perfect!!
PICTURES ARE UP NEXT!!!