WOW! I have been gone for two weeks!! Two whole weeks! Man, time flies by! I’ve been in a comfortable routine where blogging was out of sight, out of mind. I will be making it a conscious effort to make this a daily thing!! Let’s rewind real quick and do a recap of the last two weeks —-
- We’ve done a lot of work on our backyard! Now that spring is creeping in, we’ve been trying to take advantage of the days with nice weather! (I have a ton of pictures of the progress, but my camera is dead. Lame excuse, I know!)
- I had my bridal shower! We had an absolute blast!! It took me a good three days to recover from a weekend full of work, cooking, and celebrating. (Again, lots and lots of pictures. I promise I will work on getting this updated once I get home today)
- I got a new shift at work. I now work from 6:50 – 3:50. It’s been absolutely wonderful getting out of work so early in the afternoon. Waking up at 5 o’clock however, is a completetly different story. It’s been even more difficult now with the time change. Even though I’m waking up at 5, it still feels like I’m getting out of bed at 4! It’s awful!!
- We’ve also been celebrating a lot of birthdays! My maid of honor, Rachel’s birthday was March 5th. Alex and I took my mom out to celebrate her birthday on March 10th! Yesterday — was the wonderful Joann’s birthday. (Happy Birthday Jo Hutch!!) She was the one who introduced me to my future husband (and always deserves a special shout out)!
- I bought my wedding shoes on Monday afternoon! I thought they were so cute I also bought them in black 🙂 I’ll upload a picture of them once they’re delivered in 5-7 business days.
- In my spare time I have also been feverishly writing thank you notes! They’ll be in the mail within the next 24-36 hours.
- This past Saturday, Suzzette and I had a complete girls day. We got out of the house, had a pedicure at a beautiful spa, had a quick happy hour, and then shopped at the outlet mall. It was glorious. Sometimes you just need to drop the projects you’re working on and take time for yourself!
As you can see, this girl has been a busy little bee!
Unfortunately Alex will be out of town for a bit soon. Since he’ll be gone for my birthday, we’re celebrating it early. Last night he took me out to Bonefish Grill. It was absolutely delicious and I can’t wait to eat my leftovers for lunch! As he gets ready to leave tonight, I’m sure it will be special as well! Remember last year’s birthday? This seems strangely familiar! Last year Alex left the day after my birthday.
Since I will be fiancé-less on the big day, I will be heading to the beach for a couple days this weekend. We’ll celebrate my birthday the same way I celebrated by 21st, at the opening weekend for The Starboard!
We have continually been doing our Insanity workout. Each night we end up looking like this.
Don’t judge us.
We’ve been less strict lately. I’ve been going back to the gym at work some days when I know we have other things planned for the evening. It’s definitely nice to have some variety!
What else have we been up to?? Hmmm…
Tomorrow my mom and I have an appointment at the bridal store for my first fitting for my wedding dress! Another thing to check off the list!!
I’ll be back in a bit with wedding thoughts/ramblings!