Edited to add: Accuweather has changed the forecast to 5-10 inches. Wish us luck!
Please stick with me through this breif public advisory.
…WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST THURSDAY…
A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST THURSDAY.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE…SNOW. SNOW MAY MIX WITH RAIN AND A LITTLE SLEET THROUGH THE EARLY AFTERNOON.
* ACCUMULATIONS…4 TO 8 INCHES.
* TIMING…LIGHT SNOW MAY MIX WITH RAIN EARLY THIS MORNING. MODERATE SNOW WILL BEGIN BY EARLY AFTERNOON…AND WILL BECOME HEAVIER BY THE LATE AFTERNOON. SNOW WILL END AFTER MIDNIGHT FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST. THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED BETWEEN 4PM AND MIDNIGHT…IMPACTING THE AFTERNOON RUSH.
* TEMPERATURES…LOWER TO MIDDLE 30S TODAY. OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES IN THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 20S.
* WINDS…NORTHEAST 10 TO 15 MPH WEDNESDAY…BECOMING NORTHWEST AROUND 15 MPH WEDNESDAY EVENING.
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.
A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW… SLEET…AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.
(taken directly from Accuweather)
Thankfully I was able to make it to work this morning! The roads were not yet plowed and there were a few dicey spots, but here I am. I knew it was going to snow today, however the earlier weather reports from yesterday predicted the snow to start this afternoon. Needless to say, Alex and I were surprised when we woke up and this was our view.
Alex is at home today. He’s waiting for our furniture delivery and for Comcast to come by to hook up our cable and internet. While I was getting ready to leave for work, Alex was busy shoveling the driveway so I could get out. Isn’t he just the best??!
In case you didn’t know, Hunter is definitely a snow dog. He ran around like a mad man while his daddy shoveled.
Considering this is our first snow at our new house, we decided to snap an early morning photo.
It was snowing so hard that even as I entered the garage to go back inside my hair was completely covered in the chilly, white puffs.
As I mentioned earlier, the roads weren’t clear by the time I left for work. My drive to work looked something like this…
Once I got to work I realized that quite a few people decided to stay home and not brave the weather. Not only does this make me seriously jealous, but it also makes it much busier at work than normal. Hopefully the day zooms by and before I know it I’m at home checking out our new furniture!
And if it wasn’t bad enough, Alex continually sends me cute pictures of Hunter all day long. Don’t get me wrong — I love seeing pictures of my boy all day, but it makes me wish I was home even more! Check out a couple of them…
Have a good one!