The Move – Take 1

I hope I find you all well and not frozen. It’s definitely cold in Maryland today. Yesterday the thermostat in my car said 11 degrees and when I checked Accuweather it said the wind made it feel like 7 degrees out. Thankfully it will warm up a bit over the next couple days.

Way too cold!

If you’ve been following us for awhile now, you know that this past weekend was when we moved into our new home. Sorry I haven’t updated you sooner, but considering we moved only a few days ago — we actually do not have internet at home yet.

They’ll be there tomorrow though… so you won’t have too long to wait before you get to see some quality moving in pictures.

Don’t worry though, I’ll describe the weekend for you in words and then you’ll have to just check back in in a few days to see the photos. Sound good? Good!


As I mentioned last week, I’ve been feeling pretty cruddy lately. Friday morning I woke up a complete mess. I felt worse than I did on Wednesday and figured that I do have sick days for a reason, so I cashed one in. I slept for a few extra hours and by the time my morning medicine kicked in, I started packing up more of the apartment.

Alex took a few days off work for the move, so we teamed together to get most of the packing complete. We ran a few errands and before we knew it, it was evening. We called the previous homeowners to let them know we were planning to make a run over to the house to put more boxes in the shed and the make sure we wouldn’t be in their way. They let us know that the moving company was just finishing up and they would be out within the hour.

So, we decided to head over with our friends later that evening! We picked up some pizza and beer on the way. Once we got there we started lugging some of our boxes in the shed into the house. It was Hunter’s first time in the house so it was fun watching him run around like a maniac in a completely empty house.

We stayed at the house for a few hours before we decided to head back to the apartment to get ready for Saturday. After being sick for days and moving, I was zonked and hit the sack early.


I felt like it was Christmas morning on Saturday. I could not stay asleep for the life of me! I was so ready to get up and get ready for the day. After fifteen minutes of tossing and turning I finally decided to hop in the shower and start the day. Alex followed quickly behind me. It was finally move in day!!

Our neighbors (hereby referred to as our friends since they are, in fact, in longer neighbors with us) were up early too. After numerous hours, coffee, bagels, and lots of stress later we had the majority of our furniture packed up in the U-Haul we rented. We had a ton of help all day and I couldn’t be any more thankful to everyone that came out on Saturday!

Once we made the 20 minutes journey to the new house, the girls started unpacking the boxes and the men unloaded the furniture. We worked throughout the day, only taking short breaks for white chili and beer. It was a very long and productive day. After all our friends left around 9 pm, we crashed. It was such a tiring day!


After such a long day on Saturday, it was not surprising that I felt nasty when I woke up. I got up in the middle of the night and had to scramble around to find medicine that wasn’t unpacked yet. Once morning came, it was surreal laying in bed, surrounded by our things, but in a different place. It was strange to make breakfast, with our food, in a different kitchen.

Wait, where is the bathroom again?

It’s definitely going to take some time to adjust to our new life. We absolutely love the house, but we’re really looking forward to making it our own. We’ve already made numerous trips to Home Depot to pick up some of the odds and ends that we need. Some things we’ve picked up include:

  • Light fixtures and fans
  • Towel bars and toilet paper holders
  • Knobs for drawers and cabinets
  • Door handles and deadbolts
  • Pads to put under furniture so you don’t scratch the hardwood
  • Paper towels (how we did not have a single roll when we moved in is beyond me)
  • A ton of hand soap
  • Extra hangers
  • Mops!
  • Need I go on?

Here was one of our many trips…

One of our many trips

Sunday evening was closed by watching both mine and Alex’s team dance their way to the Superbowl. I’ll try not to gloat too much but I must say….

Black and Yellow!

And what are the chances that both our teams would be in the Superbowl? Not just one, but both??

Needless to say Sunday, February 6th will be an interesting night at our home!!

Remember us in our jerseys from last week?


Well, this was us again this week!

Well, that’s all I have for you now. Hope you all are doing well and check back in a couple days for pictures!


6 thoughts on “The Move – Take 1

  1. Glad the move went well…don’t push yourself too fast…you don’t want to relapse! (I should talk…between work and getting my house ready–I barely get 6 hrs sleep a night… our move is Saturday…I think I’d better start packing!

  2. Pingback: You Gotta take the Good with the Bad « Life With a Crazy Pup

  3. Pingback: Our lovely painted basement « Life With a Crazy Pup

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s