I’ve been wanting to make breakfast pizza for a few months now and finally decided that it was the time. I randomly googled some recipes and found one to try. I found it on Cooks.com (you can find it here). I made some changes based upon ingredients we had. Here’s my version:
1 lb. bulk sausage (used only about half)
1 (8 oz.) pkg. refrigerator crescent rolls (big and flaky)
1 c. frozen loose package hash brown potatoes (I shredded fresh potato)
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz.) (1/2 – 2/3 c)
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese (omitted)
- Cook sausage until browned; drain.
- Separate rolls, place on ungreased 12 inch pizza pan. Press over bottom and sides.
- Spoon on sausage, sprinkle over this the thawed potatoes.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Beat egg, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over all.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Tips: Do not make the pizza on a extra large pizza pan. Disaster will ensue.