This recipe has never failed me. It turns out perfectly every time you make it. Since I’m usually bringing the guac to a party or cook out, I always double the recipe to make enough. Here’s the original recipe. I don’t usually make too many changes to it (maybe a little more cilantro and lime juice). Enjoy!
- 3 avacados, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t ground cummin
- 1/2 t cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatos, seeded and diced
- 1 T chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice. Toss to coat.
- Add the salt, cummin, and cayenne and mash.
- Fold in the onions, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic.
- Let sit for at least and hour before serving.
After you finish making the gauc, leave half of the avacado pits in the gaucamole to prevent the avacados from browning.
Originally found on Foodnetwork.com