Every once in awhile I get myself all bunched up in an exercise rut. I get tired of doing the same exercises over and over again. I also start to feel like the exercises get easy and I feel less motivated because I’m not seeing results. Today (and yesterday) — this happened all over again! For awhile now I’ve been working my muscles mainly on the machines designed for specific muscle groups. When I first started that regime I got pretty sore, but my body quickly adjusted to the routine. As with any healthy work out plan — switching up exercises is always necessary!
Yesterday rather than doing the arm machines as normal, I confused my muscles by doing a ton of free weights! Let me tell you — I’m feeling it today 🙂 For today’s leg exercises I mainly used my body weight to work my stabilizing muscles. Check these out!
- Squat Jumps
- Lunge Jumps
- Also take a look at the Basu Ball (double lunges w/ jump, calf raises, power lunges, and more squat jumps (all of which can be found on that site!))
Moving on —-
- Look at these 25 Power Foods! by Prevention
- Should You Eat Dairy With Full Fat? — FitSugar
- 10 Things Connected Couples Do — also by Prevention
- Boost Your Metabolism — Women’s Health
- Reasons Your Body Doesn’t Look Buff — FitSugar
- 10 Best Wedding Songs of 2010 — TheKnot
Last night we stopped by the main building for our apartment complex for a dinner/drinks social with the other tenants. Its a huge complex and only about 15 or 20 people were there — but we had a dynamite time! We played pool (and by we – I mean Alex), had some seafood, and a delicious glass of white wine. Apparently they have these every Tuesday night and we’re pretty excited to keep attending and meet more people from our building! Next week the theme is finger foods and games — I’m definitely bringing Apples to Apples!
Tonight Alex and I are headed to Happy Hour to meet our normal crowd! Hopefully I’ll grab some good photos and post them later this evening. Hunter’s eye is doing better. It’s still slightly red and oozey, but nothing near what it was before we started using the eye drops.