I bet Alex is changing his mind about asking me to marry him after he sees how annoying I’m going to get 🙂 No — I’m only kidding (or maybe). Seriously though I am so, so excited that I cannot wait to get the ball rolling!
But where do I start?
Since I am a female, I clearly have spent many idle moments daydreaming about my future wedding. Having ideas about what the wedding is great, but where do you start? Um. I don’t know. Hence why I bought wedding planning books (and because I’m slightly nuts and super excited)! Apparently the first thing to do is come up with a list of priorities (makes sense). Over the last few evenings Alex and I have been discussing (to name a few):
- Do we want the ceremony and reception at the same location?
- Do we want a full wedding party?
- Do we want a small or large wedding?
- What about some alone time between the events?
- Or how about a photographer, videographer, personalized napkins, favors…
- And on…. and on….. and on.
(This is really random but — I just googled “overwhelmed bride” to find a good picture to put after my loooong list of things to consider and this came up! It has nothing to do with weddings whatsoever, but if you’re a fan of Lost then you’ll think this is funny!)
Anyways back to the important talk 🙂
Let me also tell you that it still doesn’t feel real. I mean yes, I wear a huge, beautiful ring all day — but every morning when I wake up I scramble to check to see if it’s still there or if I was dreaming the whole thing. I’M NOT THOUGH!! Randomly Alex and I send each other emails throughout the day that say “In case you forgot — WE’RE GETTING MARRIED!” And then I have a mini-freak out at work. You know — no big deal.
I’m in love with TheKnot, and have been searching for venues and theme ideas.
Nothing is set in stone yet — or set in jello for that matter, rather a cloud of ideas or a puddle, or a glass of milk.
- Hunter’s 1 year birthday is coming 🙂
- I finally got a locker at the gym!! Since the gym at work is only open on the week days — the rule is you have to go to the gym at least 16 times in one month to get a locker. It’ll be nice to be able to leave all my shower stuff in my locker and not lug it home every day!
- In case you didn’t know — Alex and I are going to get married! KSHLADHKLAS!!!
- Maybe we’ll check out some potential venues this weekend??
- It’s already Wednesday! Gotta love a short work week!
- 21 Ways to Make Fitness Fun!
More from me later!!! Happy Hump Day 🙂