Worst Blogger Ever

Yes I realize I haven’t posted anything allll week long. I hope you guys had a great week and are getting some time to relax this weekend.

(on a side note — I started this entry Saturday morning and still have not finished by Sunday evening — talk about slacker)

So I’ve officially finished Week One of getting my toes wet in the working world. First and foremost let me tell you — I am exhausted. Absolutely exhausted. Every night I’ve been ready to get to bed pretty close to the moment I walk in the door. I’ve tried my best to socialize throughout the week, but in reality I wasn’t very good company. I was tired and had an extremely hard time focusing while trying to carry out conversations. I pretty much blanked out when people asked how my day went and what I was doing in training. It wasn’t pretty. If I had even attempted to blog — it would have been incoherent. SOOO here I am now. I’m counting my lucky stars that I adjust soon to my new schedule. Waking up in the morning isn’t the hard part – it’s trying not to fall asleep at 6 pm every night.

To answer your questions – training is going really well. I really like the group of people going through training with me and we’re all starting to bond really well. We’ve been doing sit-ins with the people already working in our department, which has helped a ton. We’ve been getting acquainted with the systems we will be using each day, as well as having some practice phone calls. All in all, each day I’m getting more comfortable and feel that at the end of the six weeks — I’ll be ready.

Friday afternoon after I got off work, I rushed home to get Alex and Hunter and headed to Baltimore. We were meeting some people from Alex’s work at a dog park, which had serious potential. Unfortunately it was opening day at Camden Yards and we were stuck in traffic for a few hours and by the time we got there we basically turned around to come home. By the time we got home it was late and we were starving. We ate at The Green Turtle and had an awesome time hanging out. It seemed like it had been forever since we got to really goof off together.

Saturday afternoon we drove to PA for a BBQ. We had such a great time! It was such a beautiful area and amazing company. There was delicious food and serious laughs.

Today we helped Ryan (Alex’s brother-in-law) move some furniture from the apartment to his new house. Later we ran a few errands and cooked some yummy sweet potato fries. We’re finally relaxed and watching some episodes of Lost.

I’m really hoping I’ll get some extra energy this week and fulfill my blogging responsibilities. I’ve got some pictures and will posting them soon! Have a great week!


One thought on “Worst Blogger Ever

  1. Don’t worry, you will adjust. Remember, Jodi flies in on Thursday and we are planning something Thursday night. That should make things more lively!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s