- 1 loaf Texas Toast Or Thick Cut Bread- Cubed (I used a fresh wheat bread – cut thick)
- 12 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, Cubed (I used light with 1/2 fat)
- 1 cup Blueberries, Fresh (I used over 1 cup of frozen)
- 8 whole Eggs
- 2 cups Milk (1%)
- ½ cups Maple Syrup
- Cinnamon, To Taste (I used almost 1 tsp)
- Nutmeg, To Taste (I used 1/2 tsp)
- ½ cups Pecans, Chopped (optional)
- Place the bread cubes in a greased 13×9-inch baking dish; add blueberries and cream cheese evenly throughout the bread cubes.
- Beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and syrup with a wire whisk until well blended. Pour over the ingredients in the baking dish; cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes. Add the pecans if desired, then bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the center is set. Serve with additional syrup, if desired.
- If you are making this recipe for dessert, forego the maple syrup and serve with whipped cream.
Found on Tasty Kitchen